meet.mba is a UK startup created by Matthew Brooke-Hitching, an MBA who noticed the need to improve communication and collaboration throughout the business school journey. The resulting online platform now connects almost 4,000 MBAs and Executive MBAs around the world.
Networking & Social Media
Partnership with STX Next:
April 2018 - April 2019 (1 year)
Watch the video testimonial:
STX NEXT DELIVERED
- Lack of appropriate tool that would allow MBA students and alumni to effectively communicate with each other.
- Existing networking platforms suffer from spammy ads while offering no way to easily track and discover new MBA connections.
- Existing group chat solutions are cumbersome because of chat member limits and inability to easily discover new group chats to join.
- No platform that covers the “personal yet professional” nature of MBA connections.
- The founder moved to Poland for a few months specifically for this project, and was looking for an onsite team that he could sit in the office with.
- Tight deadline for the MVP; it needed to be ready when the founder joined the MBA community so he could personally promote it among other MBAs.
- STX Next delivered a full Scrum Team (3 people) with support from a PO, advised on the scope of the MVP and helped prioritize tasks.
- The STX Next team worked onsite in Poznań with the founder in the same room, creating an optimal working environment.
- The MVP allowed meet.mba to gain 500 users in the first 3 months from launch.
- Today, meet.mba lets you maintain contact with your MBA network, and make new connections around the world.
- Its features include intuitive private and group chat, user profiles with deep privacy customization, and a global board for requests for help, all tailored specifically to the MBA experience.
We were able to scale up instantly, adding developers with the specific technical expertise that we needed and then rotating them out when the problem had been solved. At a much smaller firm that would have been very difficult. So far there hasn’t been any challenge that STX Next hasn’t been able to overcome.
We were tasked with building a global social network platform for MBA admits, students and alumni so they can discover, greet and meet other MBAs from business schools across the world. Through strict cooperation with the client every step of the way, I believe we’ve achieved that goal and managed to provide a foundation for the business to grow beyond their initial goals.