Head of DevOps
STX Next is the biggest European Python Powerhouse. We’re a group of 280+ professionals dedicated to helping customers build outstanding Products. With 13+ years of experience, 5 offices in Poland and a deep commitment to Agile principles, we’re looking to expand our team of superheroes. Join us!
About the challenge
Reporting directly to the Service Delivery Director, the Head of DevOps will be responsible for developing the whole DevOps strategy in STX Next. This involves, but isn’t limited to, continuous improvement and support of the pre-sales and sales pipelines and their handover to operations; building-up the DevOps team (hiring, talent development, mentoring); customer relationship & escalation management; improving the commercial strategy, expansion of the service catalogue and settlement of best practices for an improved cooperation between internal departments.
What do we need from you?
- An extraordinary degree of “can do” approach, strong willing to bring big challenges intro big solutions and a tireless willing to make things happen along with:
- A natural talent to build-up teams (you are a leader not a boss;
- Deep Management experience (people, business & tech) in previous IT leadership positions (preferably in the frame of IT infrastructure management;
- Ability to maintain a healthy relationship between revenue, profit and investing for growth;
- Consistent experience in managing customer satisfaction;
- Above the average communication skills, enabling a clear information flux between stakeholders at all levels;
- Experience organizing work between cross-functional, dispersed teams (internal and external) in agile environments;
- A proven track record in delivering multiple high-quality services to medium and large sized clients;
- Experience in hiring top tech profiles;
- Fluent English. (Min C1)
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language (Python preferred)
- Previous experience managing 1st and 2nd level support supporting teams;
- Previous experience managing “on-call” shifts;
- Previous experience as DevOps Engineer or SysAdmin
What do we offer?
- A once in a lifetime chance to set the growing direction and strategy for the recently created DevOps Department with full autonomy;
- A competitive compensation package (including reimbursed private medical care);
- Monthly integration budget;
- Relocation package;
- Training budget;
- Workation (no matter where you work on a daily basis, use a workation option to work in other STX Next offices any time you want)
- Flexible working hours, providing a real work-life balance.
How to apply:
Fill the job application form or send your English CV/resume to email@example.com and put “Head of DevOps” in the subject. Also, include the following legal gibberish somewhere in your CV:
“I hereby authorize the processing of my personal data included in my job application for the needs of recruitment processes at STX Next sp. z o.o. sp. k. in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27.04.2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, as well as repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive).”
If you wish to stay in touch with us in the future, please attach the following formula as well:
“In addition, I authorize the processing of my personal data included in my job application for the needs of future recruitment processes at STX Next sp. z o.o. sp. k.”